Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Why I Created this Blog

Granola was a food I lived off of while doing Weight Watchers in high school. Every day my lunch was a cup of non-fat yogurt & a handful of granola. To this day, I do not enjoy granola. It wasn't until my junior year of college that I was informed granola had another meaning. Specifically, a guy that I had a crush on said I wasn't "granola" enough for his liking. In truth, I was quite granola, I just happen to rarely look the part. Up until my pregnancy I had been vegetarian as well as on again off again vegan for over twelve years. I believe in living a sustainable and green lifestyle. I consume mostly organic foods and try to buy locaally as often as possible. I am conscious of what I put in my body and conscious of what I put out into the world. The fact that I shower and shave daily as well as dress more or less like someone in a teen clothing store advertisement (which I should probably outgrow one of these days...) seems to overshadow how I live the rest of my life. Which is why I wanted to create this blog.

The name Perfectly Crunchy is how I live my life, which in my opinion is just crunchy enough (for me). The new granola mom speaks to the fact that I am a new mom, but also that there might be another type of granola mom out there. The type of mom that many of my friends are. We cloth diaper, breastfeed, co-sleep and love our little granola babies, but we don't necessarily believe this means we have to sacrifice looking good and enjoying a bag of doritos once in a blue moon!

I don't feel that it's my place to tell other moms how to raise thier children nor do I believe that in my two whole weeks of motherhood do I have all the answers. Far from it! I wanted to create a space to share the things I learn along the way (like why I'm currently in love with my diapering method!) and also for other moms to chime in on what has or has not worked for them.

I hope you enjoy sharing in my journey and take something postive from it!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Court! :D

    I'm so excited you decided to start blogging! It's super fun, and I can't wait to see your entries popping up!
    You need a 'follow' button though so I can have your posts in my dashboard feed...I figure that will come with you exploring the format a little too. ;)

    Welcome to the blogosphere! <3

    ReplyDelete